Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Forum 1 - Week 6 - Collaborations final

Unfotunately i was absent for this weeks forum as i was struck down with a wonderful case of the flu, which not only helped me lose grades, but also completely ruined my Easter... just thought you might like to know. I talked to a few people and read a couple of blogs, and apparently this week was just an overview of the whole collaboration process with a couple more examples.
This week i would like to give my opinion of the collboration process as a whole. I think that collaboration is a very important aspect of the music industry. It shows that people can change their style, no matter what they are used to, and that new types of music can be derived from it. I believe that people who collaborate must have a very open mind as they are willing to try something new, rather than just keep to the typical 'normal' music that they know everyone will like. Trying new things it how new styles/new music is made. I mean, look back in the days when people only ever used to sing hymns about thier God or their religion. Now, especially since synthetic/electronic music has been made, a whole new side of music has been made, and there is a lot more with which people can collaborate with and create.
Overall i am generally one for sticking only with the type of music that i like, but since starting this course, it has opened my ears to many kinds of music, and also new types of music in which i would not normaly be willing to listen to.

No comments: