Tuesday, March 13, 2007

CC1 - Week 2 - Editing

This week our exercise was to record and edit 5 different noises made by a piece of paper. Thinking this was comical at first, i thought it would be easy. I. Was. Wrong. After finally finding a studio in which to record my noises, Amy and I discovered it imossible to work the computers, (ie which programme to use, where to put the microphones, where to get the microphones, why nothing was working!)
We had a saviour though as Bradley, Darren and another teacher from the music department came in and managed to save us by helping to set everything up, and taught us how to use the 'M Box', something of which i had never heard of before. After finally getting the noises recorded, we saved them into the TempHD file and went downstairs to edit them, only to discover that there is no TempHD file on the downstairs computers. After trekking upstairs, again, and saving them to my USB, we went back downstairs only to discover that they were the wrong format and we were unable to open them. By then we had run out of time and had to go to class, but after that Amy went and managed to change them to a WAV file.
After finally being abe to get them onto the computer, I started to edit them. After cutting and pasting each of the 5 noises into new documents I started to add effects. Much to my dissapointment you cant hardly heard them. I have left the effects in there, but it is very hard to distinguish them I'm sorry.
Overall, i feel that i am about 30 steps behind everyone else in my course, which is very frustrating. I'm not really catching on and my practical skills seem to make me look even worse.
Laurasfastrip.aif

Laurasrips.aif

LaurasShake.aif

Laurasslowtear.aif

LaurasThrow.aif

No comments: